STRAUSAK was started as a mechanical repair shop in 1923 but quickly grew to be an accessory manufacturer for machine tools and produced its first complete machine in 1927 to serve the watch making industry.
Then in 1932, Strausak exported its first machine, thus setting an important milestone in the company’s history. Encouraged by this growing success, STRAUSAK continued to develop and refine a variety of high-precision production machines for the automated manufacture of watch parts. This was a very inventive period at the company which resulted in a patented pivot-burnishing machine in 1951 as well as a patented gear-hobbing machine in 1963. Innovative technical concepts allowed these machines to stay far ahead of their competition and they continue to occupy a leading role in today’s worldwide market of watch manufacturing.